Solved

How to - trips in Greece with Interrail Flex Pass

• 22 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello, I’ll be traveling from Netherlands to Belgrade, Serbia this summer. My final destination is Athens, Greece, but I do not know how to go about. I understand taking the train from Belgrade to Athens is not possible as there is no connection, I know there is a bus but I would rather travel by train as soon as I entered Greece.

I was thinking to take a bus from Belgrade to Thessaloniki and then from Thessaloniki a train to Athens, however, this does not show up in the DiscoverEU app. I can not figure out if these trains are actually running. Can someone give me some advice?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 22 April 2023, 14:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

seat61.com will be a great tool to make your itinerary !

At the moment there are no international trains into Serbia (apart from Montenegro) so you'll need to take a bus too.

To only take one bus (Sofia - Thessaloniki) -> go by train to Sofia via Budapest and Bucharest

There should be trains running but I believe the Greek summer timetable isn't set, esp. with the incident. Btw the Interrail or DiscoverEU app isn't reliable, use bahn.de or the companies websites :)

seat61.com will be a great tool to make your itinerary !

At the moment there are no international trains into Serbia (apart from Montenegro) so you'll need to take a bus too.

To only take one bus (Sofia - Thessaloniki) -> go by train to Sofia via Budapest and Bucharest

There should be trains running but I believe the Greek summer timetable isn't set, esp. with the incident. Btw the Interrail or DiscoverEU app isn't reliable, use bahn.de or the companies websites :)

thanks so much! I’ll be coming into Serbia with a bus from Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Trip is planned until the Belgrade part. Will use your links to plan further to Athens.