Solved

If seats reservations at the train station are sold out, its possible to buy at this moment a new ticket?

• 16 April 2022
  • 2 replies

I am in trouble with my credit card, so I need to pay the seat reservation at the train station. It is for the tickets from stuttgart HBF Germany to Paris. I will be departing from Vienna. It is time enough to reserv just at the arriving at the station? What can I do if reserves are fully booked? May i buy a full ticket there to continue the trip?

thanks

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 16 April 2022, 14:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are limited quota for these trains over the border. So again this trick which has been told here so many times: save money and cross border via local trains-Offenburg-Strasbourg, then if speed is wanted a SNCF TGV train-ev hr onward. It will all depend on day-in this Easter weekend its horribyl overcrowded anywhere-later maybe.

You can try if OeBB can do it-and pay in bar at BHF-but there is a fair chance its full. Noone seems able to book domestic TGV now outside of FRexcpt belgian rail

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. You don't need to wait until you're in Stuttgart to buy your reservation. Have you asked in Vienna if they can book it?
  2. The reservations that DB sell for these trains are not quota-controlled, according to this discussion. So if the train isn't full, you should be able to get a reservation from DB.
  3. If all else fails, us a local train to Strasbourg and then a TGV to Paris. Force this route by setting “via Appenweier".