Information about trains in turkey right now?

Does any of you have informations about the train network in turkey right now? 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you look on their website?

Yes, but on another of my post, some people said it was going to be difficult to make reservations. 

(althought it seems to be okay)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, but on another of my post, some people said it was going to be difficult to make reservations. 

(althought it seems to be okay)

It helps if you ask specific questions…

You should be able to see for yourself how long in advance trains are sold out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are very, very few trains running left and these do not go to the usual sea-side places the tourist wants to go to. Other lines have been made populair locally on TV/Socials and run only 1/week as touristy all-in with excursions, food etc.

A pass will not pay off as due to very weak TRL fares are absurdly cheap

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

There are very, very few trains running left and these do not go to the usual sea-side places the tourist wants to go to. Other lines have been made populair locally on TV/Socials and run only 1/week as touristy all-in with excursions, food etc.

If you have no clue of railways in Turkey, could you please keep your posts for yourself? You are posting all the time wrong information about it.

Almost all trains are running normal. There are also enough trains to/near to main tourist attractions. Trains are more slow (mostly) but more scenic than bus trips in Turkey.

@Igor passerat : could you specify your question a bit more? Where exactly do you want to go? What kind of Interrail pass do you have? etc.

If you have no clue of railways in Turkey, could you please keep your posts for yourself? You are posting all the time wrong information about it.

Almost all trains are running normal. There are also enough trains to/near to main tourist attractions. Trains are more slow (mostly) but more scenic than bus trips in Turkey.

@Igor passerat : could you specify your question a bit more? Where exactly do you want to go? What kind of Interrail pass do you have? etc.

@MartinM Thank you for the infos.

I have a global pass, and the thing is that I dont really know where I will go for now. I am still planning, but i want to be flexible enough to change my route.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@MartinM Thank you for the infos.

I have a global pass, and the thing is that I dont really know where I will go for now. I am still planning, but i want to be flexible enough to change my route.

Here you can find all about trains in Turkey: https://railturkey.org/travel/trains/ (unofficial page)

Interrail is no good value in Turkey as prices are pretty low.

@MartinM Okay thank you! 

I have heard that; so you would advise me not to use my interrail pass in turkey and save travel days for other countries?