Skip to main content

I am trying to buy reservation for the InterCityNotte 1954 Palermo-Rome.

I know that the 1954 is is connected to the 1956 from Siracusa in Messina.

The train can’t be found in the RailPlanner-app (only as a train Palermo-Messina) and when I try to book it on ItaliaRail it suggest me to buy 2 beds, one Palermo-Messina and one Messina-Rome. 

is there any way to use InterRail on this connection?

I am unfortunately no where near Italy, so I won’t be able to buy at a station before the beds are sold out.

You should be able to buy it via other train companies at the counters of DB, SBB, SNCB/NMBS or NS. 

Maybe SNCB/NMBS can sell it as e-ticket via Call Center. Maybe you can ask their customer service if it is possible.

It's a direct trains and If trenitalia.com still offers couchette or sleeper places, then there is still availability.

It should be bookable at many ticket offices. In addition to the ones mentioned by Angelo also in Austria and probably more countries. NMBS/SNCB can book Italian night trains by phone and send the reservation via email.

It actually looks like it is possible to book via InteRail (not on ItaliaRail) after all. But the train is not visible without ticking the box “Direct trains”.