Solved

Is my reservation still valid if I get off in between and take another train to continue?

• 30 December 2021
  • 2 replies

this has probably been asked before, but i am not finding the answer.   i am planning my first trip to europe in the summer.  if i make reservations for a trip from rome to london,  how does it work if i get off at a stop in between?  Is the reservation still effective when i catch another train to continue after the stop?  or do i need to make several reservations? 

thanks

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 30 December 2021, 21:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A reservation is only valid for a specific train on a specific date. So if you want to get off somewhere you will need a new reservation when you continue your journey (if that train has mandatory reservations).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Additional: as this trip takes at least some 10 hrs, incl a change in Milano, the chance to make a worthwhile stop en route is minimal-if f.e. you would like to visit Firenze or Bologna you most likely stay overnite there and hence will need 2 traveldays.

If you mean simply the change-as said, for every train that has obligatory REServation you need to do that-and sometimes pay exorbitant extra fees for that.