Solved

Is the "Generate Pass Cover Number" thing legit?

• 23 March 2023
  • 3 replies

https://www.interrail.eu/en/book-reservations#/generatePassCoverNumber

I’m new here and i have to book a train trough Stockholm-Copenhagen. On the interrail site it says that for some reasons i cant book the reservation. Went to SJ and theres a lot of seats not taken for that train. But on SJ support it says you need a paper pass with a cover number to be able to book only the seats on SJ. I saw this generate pass cover number thing and i got a code, but im wondering if its legit and i can write it in and use it? Or if they will ask me about it on the train? I’m sorry if its a confusing question but i’ve had problems with interrail all day and is currently kind of stressed hahaha… thank you!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 23 March 2023, 22:11

View original

3 replies

Also idk if it matters but i got my pass and control it mainly trough DiscoverEU! If that makes any difference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Pass Cover Number generator is issued by Interrail/Eurail so you are fine using it. 

However, the SJ website will accept anything that you write in the field for the pass cover number.

The Pass Cover Number generator is issued by Interrail/Eurail so you are fine using it. 

However, the SJ website will accept anything that you write in the field for the pass cover number.

Oh I didn’t know that, as it stated clearly on SJ that you needed that number from a paper pass. So I was unsure! But thank you so much! :D