Solved

Italy Frecciarossa SEAT reservation: PAPER only?

Badge +1

Hello,

I have a global mobile pass.

I want to book a seat for July: Napoli to Calabriaon the FR tain.

When going to ‘check out’ on the interail reservation website: all the sudden 9€ extra to SEND me a paper ticket!!! (Belgium)

we choose to travel with ECO awareness and then are obliged to have a paper ticket?

I booked another one yesterday, also frecciarossa train and worked fine with PDF seat reservation.

can anyone please clarify why this difference? Not cool..

ps: tried OBB website, seat reservation not working (anymore?) for Italy it seems

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 2 June 2022, 12:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For Italian day trains, forget the Interrail website. ÖBB should be working fine but do NOT use the "Seat only” option. Instead, add the "Interrail / Eurail” discount and then look for normal tickets. If that doesn't work, please specify destination, date and departure time.

Alternatively, you can buy a reservation from Belgian railways, at an international ticket office or by phone. Also without booking fees like ÖBB.

Badge +1

Thanks a million for your quick response, life saver 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

However-is not it that NMBS charges 7,50 (or about that) to do any ´personal´ service in one of the very few remaining service centres/INTernational?

Indeed the way online via oebb is best-and works. BUT note that TrenIt does not really want all those people to book monthes ahead-up to 2 month is mostly the MAX

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

However-is not it that NMBS charges 7,50 (or about that) to do any ´personal´ service in one of the very few remaining service centres/INTernational?

There are no booking fees for pass reservations.