Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a global mobile pass.

I want to book a seat for July: Napoli to Calabriaon the FR tain.

When going to ‘check out’ on the interail reservation website: all the sudden 9€ extra to SEND me a paper ticket!!! (Belgium)

we choose to travel with ECO awareness and then are obliged to have a paper ticket?

I booked another one yesterday, also frecciarossa train and worked fine with PDF seat reservation.

can anyone please clarify why this difference? Not cool..

ps: tried OBB website, seat reservation not working (anymore?) for Italy it seems

For Italian day trains, forget the Interrail website. ÖBB should be working fine but do NOT use the "Seat only” option. Instead, add the "Interrail / Eurail” discount and then look for normal tickets. If that doesn't work, please specify destination, date and departure time.

Alternatively, you can buy a reservation from Belgian railways, at an international ticket office or by phone. Also without booking fees like ÖBB.

Thanks a million for your quick response, life saver 😀

However-is not it that NMBS charges 7,50 (or about that) to do any ´personal´ service in one of the very few remaining service centres/INTernational?

Indeed the way online via oebb is best-and works. BUT note that TrenIt does not really want all those people to book monthes ahead-up to 2 month is mostly the MAX

However-is not it that NMBS charges 7,50 (or about that) to do any ´personal´ service in one of the very few remaining service centres/INTernational?

There are no booking fees for pass reservations.