Solved

Italy Nightjet; construction work. Any alternative?

• 28 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi ! 
I just ran into this problem. I really wanted to take the nightjet from Munchen to Florence. But around that time there is construction work….Does anyone knows other routes that wil get me to Florence? Daytime trains are also fine..?  If i look on the planner app it says that there is a train from Munchen to Travisio and then Travisio to Florence. But the traincode also says NJ which stands for NightJet so that got me quite confused.. 

Can some one help me? Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 March 2022, 23:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey,

can you give us some information about the date? Because it is difficult to help you without 

Ofcourse! I was planning to go around 11th of July.  :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please don’t use the rail planner app to plan. It doesn't get enough updates to be reliable. You could be in for nasty surprises.

The night train Munich - Florence - Rome does not run in June and July because of engineering works. You could take the night train to Venice and change to Florence, although that will take another travel day.

In addition, 11 July is after 12 June, which is the start of the summer timetable. Trenitalia still hasn't published that timetable. The Nightjet München Ost - Venice can already be booked though (best via tickets.oebb.at using these steps).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Due Construction works there will be a short time this summer in that the NJ Vienna/Munich - Milan/Rome wont operate. 

The Nightjet Munich/Vienna - Venice will be rerouted via Slovenia. 

As said Trenitalia havent published their final timetable for the summer (they do it usually atleast in April)