Solved

Italy Train "Better" side of the train

Badge

Hi there! I’m reserving the seats for my trip from Switzerland to Venezia Mestre. I’m looking for which side to book for two of my trains, anyone has any recommendation or experience when taking the train? I also included the screenshot of the available seats illustration from the RailEurope (there are other coaches still available as well, but i’m not sure which direction will the train go, as the raileurope doesnt give an indication of that.. are both sides equally as good?):

• Bellinzona - Milano Central (free on choosing seats)

• Milano Centrale - Venezia Mestre
  • this train cost 2 more euros to choose per seat, if i opt not to choose the seat, will the three of us be seated next to each other automatically?
  • another question: I saw the next train does not require a reservation. Will this be safe considering i’m travelling on 26 July (peak summer)? Do you think it will be busy that we cannot get seats?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 3 May 2024, 17:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There's no better side and anyway the company generally doesn't know which way the train will face until the day itself.

Yes the system will assign seats next to each other. As you can see the train is empty right now.

If it's a regional train nobody can book seats anyway. Obviously on a route such as Milan - Venice it will be busy but as long as you show up 10-15 min in advance and walk to the far end of the train it'll be fine.

Badge

Thank you so much!