Skip to main content

Currently on Android version 31.7.0 and which I updated to the other day (came out on the 7th July). Using the 1 month continuous mobile pass, (just incase helpful with answering) 

So I am in the middle of planning and booking the neccesary trains I need for my trip I.e. eurostar and other long distance trains which need reservations. I have also added to my trip and some of the connections I need/ will take that do not need a reservation. (as its a continuous pass I do not need to worry about the travel days).

I have been using the app to find the trains I need for booking elsewhere but with these connecting trains they do not show under the pass. 

For example I am going from my local station to London st pancreas which takes like 20mins and with the pass is free, and then from there eurostar. I added the local train to my pass and the eurostar (even though booked online) and they count as the outbound journey which does show under the pass. 

I then bought and printed out a ticket from paris to Mulhouse Ville from TGV so didn’t put it on the app but i could I guess if i wanted to keep track of routes, just wont pay for the reservation. Then from a post a while back i saw i could get to interlaken by getting a train to basel and then changing onto a train to interlaken. (both those trains not needing a reservation). I have been testing out the app to make sure I know how it all works when it comes to actually starting my interrail and when sliding across the tickets to activate each one it does not show under the pass. 

Am I just being really stupid and have missed something easy or have I just overcomplicated it and made myself feel stupid that way lol. 

Don't use the Railplanner app for detailed planning. The app is not online, so it is better to do the planning with help of the apps/websites of the different national railways. 

Most likely the trains will appear in the Railplanner app before departure, and if a train doesn't appear, you can always add the train manually in the Railplanner app. 

Your reservations are separate from the Railplanner app so you need to add all trains as journeys, no matter if you have a reservation or not.

Don't use the Railplanner app for detailed planning. The app is not online, so it is better to do the planning with help of the apps/websites of the different national railways. 

Most likely the trains will appear in the Railplanner app before departure, and if a train doesn't appear, you can always add the train manually in the Railplanner app. 

Your reservations are separate from the Railplanner app so you need to add all trains as journeys, no matter if you have a reservation or not.

Thanks, So if i understand correctly. My seperate reservations, so Eurostar, TGV and OBB I need to add manually and connections such as Mulhouse Ville - Interlaken Ost via Basel Sbb will show neaer the time? 

I ask because I added My eurostar train which shows as its part of my outbound. But my TGV and the MV- Basel I also tried manually added and they aslo  wont show. I can send Screenshots if it would help make sense  

You should add each train as a separate journey, but unless you are travelling within the next day or so there is no need to add the journey manually now if you can't find the train in the Railplanner app.

You should add each train as a separate journey, but unless you are travelling within the next day or so there is no need to add the journey manually now if you can't find the train in the Railplanner app.

Oh ok makes sense.