Solved

Ljubljana-Budapest no direct train

• 30 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Does someone know what is up with this Ljubljana-Budapest-Kelenföld route in May 1st?

In my interrail app it shows that it’s a direct train, but when I booked the seat reservation there were some major changes. There are two transfers, in Zalaegerzeg and Balatonszentgyoergy, one of which appears to be a replacement bus.

There is very little transfer time in between too, anyone have any tips how to actually make it and not be left in a foreign city. Any info and tips are warmly welcome 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 31 March 2024, 14:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As written on the screenshots there is a replacement bus due to works along the route.

The bus will wait for the Ljubljana train if needed, it exists because of it. It's a 45 min journey so there's around 15 min margin.

The connection in Balaton is guaranteed and if something really bad were to happen there are hourly trains towards Budapest. Don't worry!

Rail Planner is unreliable and shouldn't be used for planning in the first place. DB Navigator app is what I use (tool of the German railways connected to the European database).