Solved

London Euston to Holyhead

• 21 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I have booked the Irish Ferries sailing to Dublin tomorrow at  14.10.  The 9am train from Euston doesn't get in to Holyhead until 14.18 according to the Interrail and DB websites. Seat 61 advises that the train from Euston gets in at 12 50. I know there can be issues with the timetable on the Interrail site .

Anyone know what's the option are as getting an earlier train has some short transfers. There is a bus trip as part of the route from Rhyl in any option I look at .

Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 21 April 2023, 12:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are engineering works between Rhyl and Bangor so you'll have to take a bus anyway.

Don't worry about tight connections, I'm quite sure they're guaranteed (aka the connection train will wait)

I would take the 07:33 train to Crewe

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have booked the Irish Ferries sailing to Dublin tomorrow at  14.10.  The 9am train from Euston doesn't get in to Holyhead until 14.18 according to the Interrail and DB websites.

Interrail shouldn't be used to plan. DB is usually better but for the UK you should really use www.nationalrail.co.uk.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yep forgot to add that I've used nationalrail.co.uk

@Dickb3 you could make a free seat reservation on gwr.com for the London - Crewe train as it might be busy