Skip to main content

I’ve lost my paper reservation ticket for Barcelona to Paris.

I’m not getting a response from Interrail after contacting them over 2 days ago

I have the Interrail booking number on my app showing it’s paid. 
I tried the SNCF office in Cannes but they cannot find me in their system 

I’m going to try Renfe when I get to Barcelona

it really shouldn’t be this difficult in a digital system…

How did you lost the reservation? You receive it and you lost it after receiving it?

The issuer of the reservation is Interrail/Eurail, so SNCF or RENFE can not know if you have the reservation or not. Also the staff of the train can not know it. In Barcelona there are ticket barriers, without Ticket you will not get on the train. 

I received the reservation months ago, but forgot it was paper only. I don’t think it was issued by Interrail but I’m not getting any reply from them. I emailed them 3 days ago. I only have the booking number in my reservations summary. The other paper reservations which were issued by Interrail at least I had an email backup copy.

For TGV/AVE trains Barcelona-France they accept only Paper Reservations, except for Reservations issued by SNCF, they are e-reservations. So I don’t think that Interrail can help you, because they issue only Paper Reservation, and now maybe it is to less time to send you a new one. 

Did you write to customer service when you will travel? They will come back to you asap, starting with people currently traveling. 

From what I know you need to make a new reservation or change your travel plans and use other trains between Barcelona and Paris.

Interrail can only sell paper reservations but there are other ways to make the reservation. You can read about that in the link below. 

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105/index2.html?postid=18423#post18423

PHOTOCOPY ALL TICKETS WHERE YOU DON’T ALREADY HAVE AN ELECTRONIC COPY

SNCF couldn’t see my reservation details in their system

RENFE wouldn’t even try to search their systems even though Interrail had provided the PRN number. They said only Interrail could re-issue the reservation.

Interrail said only RENFE could retrieve & reprint the ticket.

Very frustrating as the reservation is in someone’s IT somewhere, and if the train is full, tough luck getting a new reservation because no one is going to help you get on it. It’ll probably leave with 2 vacant seats, somewhere on board. We queued for almost 4 hours to establish this (France and Spain). I guess you could try cancelling the reservation and picking it up as a new reservation if your timing was perfect.

However a photograph of the reservation ticket is ok! I‘m sure this is not official but we weren’t asked to show a paper reservation on any of our journeys, all stations/trains were happy with pdf or similar. Someone at home was able to find it for me…we made our trip and 1st class TGV is a great way to travel from Barcelona to Paris. Way better than flying…

if anyone from Interrail is monitoring this forum can I plead with them to photocopy/email paper reservations for emergency use? I know I’m not the only person to have this problem because the family in front of me in one of several queues had exactly the same challenge.