Skip to main content
Solved

Madrid to Lisbon

• 26 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I am supposed to be travelling from Madrid to Lisbon tomorrow, the 27th of July. 

I had intended taking the train from Madrid to Badajoz tomorrow morning at 8:50am, then Badajoz to Entroncamento and finally from there to Lisbon. 

However, I went to the train station in Barcelona today and was told the train from Madrid to Badajoz is fully booked. 

Does anyone have any suggestions of any other routes I could take to get there. I have seen the other journeys available that day but there are much longer and mean I won’t arrive in Lisbon until late at night.

Any help would be much appreciated!

2 replies

Badge +5

You’ll have to reserve on the later trains as well and they might sell out as far as by Badajoz. If you’re in Madrid you may need to take a bus not covered by your pass. It is peak season in Spain so you’ll need to reserve trains several days in advance on most routes 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is the usual alternative, it always has plenty of seats. I'm surprised staff didn't offer it:

- ARC Madrid-Atocha - Puertollano 10:05 - 11:30

- REG.EXP. Puertollano - Badajoz 12:00 - 16:05

- R Badajoz - Entrocamento 19:41 - 21:24 (incl. 1h difference)

- IC Entrocamento - Lisbon 21:43 - 22:41

If the arrival is too late for you, get a bus but I wouldn't recommend it. Book ASAP whichever option you choose.