Solved

Major reservation Issue - couldn't get through due to technical glitch

I booked my reservation from Brussels to Barcelona and made the payment, but I got an email from you saying that, although you received the payment, due to technical glitch the reservation couldn't get through. I replied to the email choosing the option that you will rebook it for me. However, until now I cannot see the reservation neither on our app nor your website. Please help me! I cannot reach a human at EU Interrail. I have written them several times but they haven't responded yet... 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 June 2022, 01:42

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The reservations to Barcelona are shipped by standard mail (As these are paper reservations)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have written them several times but they haven't responded yet... 

There is no use writing more than once. Writing many times will only make Customer Support more overloaded with requests and the response time will be even longer. 

I suggest that you try to log into the request database to see if there is a request/s logged for your email address.

Use this link to come to the request database.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Click "Sign in" in the upper right corner.

Enter your email address and Click " Get a password".

If the system doesn't recognise your email address, then there is no request registered and you need to go back to the start screen and enter a request.

If you get a password, you can then log in and look at the status of your request/s.

Yes! But the actual problem is that Interrail website had a technical glitch because of which they have to rebook my reservation and I haven't heard from them yet! Please see the screenshot of their email in the attachment...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As the delivery time for reservations shipped by standard mail is at least 6 weeks I assume that you not will be travelling in the next months.

This means that Customer Support not will prioritise your request as they give priority to requests from people travelling right now and from people who will travel within 2 weeks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes! But the actual problem is that Interrail website had a technical glitch because of which they have to rebook my reservation and I haven't heard from them yet! Please see the screenshot of their email in the attachment...

Did you answer to the mail and tell them that you wanted them to rebook?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When are you travelling?

Yes, I replied to them that I want to rebook. I am traveling on 11th July! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@seewulf @rvdborgt What do you suggest? Cancel the reservation with Interrail and make the reservation elsewhere?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@seewulf @rvdborgt What do you suggest? Cancel the reservation with Interrail and make the reservation elsewhere?

Yes, I'd go for that. Just call SNCF (press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservation is sent via e-mail) and then ask Interrail a full refund.

Thanks for your advice! So if I book through SNCF, I wouldn't have to wait for a paper ticket from Paris to Barcelona? Also, do you know of any helpline number for EU Interrail where I can speak to a human? 

@seewulf @rvdborgt @AnnaB Thanks for your advice! So if I book through SNCF, I wouldn't have to wait for a paper ticket from Paris to Barcelona? Also, do you know of any helpline number for EU Interrail where I can speak to a human? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@seewulf @rvdborgt @AnnaB Thanks for your advice! So if I book through SNCF, I wouldn't have to wait for a paper ticket from Paris to Barcelona?\

Correct.

Also, do you know of any helpline number for EU Interrail where I can speak to a human? 

There is no support phone number.

Okay, thanks a lot for your help! Do you know how long it takes for them to process the refund? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Okay, thanks a lot for your help! Do you know how long it takes for them to process the refund? 

Currently quite long as travelers that are on the routes have priority. There are several post here that are not satisfied with the long time the process need :/