Montserrat rack railway discount not applicable since 27/07

• 31 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge
  • Full steam ahead
  • 13 replies

Went today to Montserrat. Please be aware that the they don’t give discount anymore for pass holders. They showed an internal mail there the discount was cancelled since 27/07/2022.

Could you please update the pages showing the discount? https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/you-decide-which-track/europes-hidden-gems/hidden-gems-south.

7 replies

Hello! Thank you for your feedback. I have shared this now with our team and I will provide you with an update as soon as I have more information!

Kind regards,

Annie

I would like to also add that only certain routes are discounted by the Pass. Please send me a PM with more details so we can check it and confirm whether that route was discounted or not :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This mountain line HAS only 1-going up that mountain.

It is managed by FGC=Ferrocarril generalitat de Catalunya-which also runs a few raillines-urban/surburban in Bcn-alll in the local chipcard zonal fare system and  hence not even able to accept passes/discounts and some other lines taken over from RENFE which wanted to abandon them-status/discounts for those unknown, but I bet none.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Jtim, thanks for flagging. The information on that page has been adjusted just now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Nanja Interrail/Eurail pass holders also need to pay a regular ticket on the other FGC trains (so starting from Barcelona in this example), not just on the rack railway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Correct, that is because FGC trains are not part of the Pass Network, so passengers need to pay a regular ticket on those lines

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Correct, that is because FGC trains are not part of the Pass Network, so passengers need to pay a regular ticket on those lines

@Nanja the web page still needs to be corrected to take this into account. Currently, it only says Interrailers need a normal ticket on the rack railway but they need one from Barcelona.