Skip to main content

Hi we need to reserve the seats for this specific nightrain. However it only shows ticket not available. it says this for all of these trains on this route. So do we need to get it in person on the train? or could we just like sit in the train and explain? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

That night train is full on Sunday. There are seats available on Saturday or Monday (13.20€). If you have no other choice than to take it, speak to staff at Augsburg or Stuttgart train station before boarding the train and they may give you a last-minute solution.

What is your starting point ? If it is in the Netherlands/far away, have a good margin in either Stuttgart or Augsburg as German trains are often delayed.

Night trains are very popular and do not have that much capacity. They can sell out weeks in advance unfortunately.

That night train is full on Sunday. There are seats available on Saturday or Monday (13.20€). If you have no other choice than to take it, speak to staff at Augsburg or Stuttgart train station before boarding the train and they may give you a last-minute solution.

What is your starting point ? If it is in the Netherlands/far away, have a good margin in either Stuttgart or Augsburg as German trains are often delayed.

Night trains are very popular and do not have that much capacity. They can sell out weeks in advance unfortunately.

Thanks a lot for your response! we are indeed from the netherlands, :L 

Starting point is Utrecht.

May I ask where do you find the tickets for saturday/monday? i can't seem to find those.  
also i found a train which does not need reservation, would you say it's just better to take this one? (it seems weird because the train i mention above also comes through salzburg but earlier, this one goes via muenchen though.

In addition we are also indeed taking a lot of spare time!

To find availability I used tickets.oebb.at (train's co-operator) : add Interrail as a discount and select one-way tickets. 13.70€ per seat

Did you book the ICE between Utrecht and Cologne/Frankfurt ? 3€ through ÖBB. It is very popular and has mandatory reservations in summer due to overcrowding. There are regional trains across the border if needed too.

Mmmh not sure about that route from Rail Planner as it is indeed the same train coming from Stuttgart, Augsburg and Munich... The app isn't really reliable, best use DB Navigator app or bahn.com.

As alternatives :

- seats on Saturday or Monday

- sleepers (51€) on Saturday between Zurich and Ljubljana

- seats (12.90€) on Sat/Sun/Mon between Zurich and Graz. Couchettes (31€) on Saturday or Monday. From there a new pass day the next morning or a regular ticket

Do not hesitate for questions.

There is another possibility : the night train between Utrecht and Munich East 19:34 - 07:29.

Seats on Sat/Sun/Mon and couchettes on Sat/Sun (33.80€).

Afterwards :

- RJ München Ost - Villach Hbf 08:26 - 12:43

- D Villach - Ljubljana 12:53 - 14:31

You'd need 2 pass days for that route.