Solved

Night train availability / reservations, e.g. Munich-Rijeka

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi! 

We have planned to continue from Berlin to Croatia on 23rd/24th/25th July, and I see there is a night train from Munich to Rijeka. It would be a fine alternative to catch this train to the other direction (Rijeka - Munich) on 30th or 31st July. 

However, it looks like all the trains are fully booked, at least there seem to be absolutely no couchette berths or sleepers available. 

Do you think they really are sold out, or is it just I don’t know where or how to look? Are all berths on sale already, anyway…? 

icon

Best answer by seewulf 19 May 2022, 09:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Probably also over the 2 mnth advance limit.

OR there may again be works on the tunnel mid in that line,s o trains must be rerouted or if that makes it far too long suspended. Bahn.de will have more info

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Last thing I read was that the timetable is still not fixed and therefore booking is not possible yet.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

But it seems you could book a seat. Is it possible that every couchette and sleeper spot for the whole summer have already been reserved? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

But it seems you could book a seat. Is it possible that every couchette and sleeper spot for the whole summer have already been reserved? 

The Nighttrain

Munich - Rijeka is usually just a seating carrriage and only in summer they add a Sleeper carriage :)

You may try to reserve with this manual

but as mentioned above the timetable is not finalised :/ HZPP (Croatian Rail is not sure if they use this summer a sleeper carriage or not)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for the link and your info. I’ll be on the lookout for some couchettes or sleepers later.