Solved

Night train home on last travel day

• 4 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi, I want to travel home by night train. I have 10 days within 2 months pass and i have still one travel day and one inbound journey left. The pass is valid until 27 January 2024. I want to travel home with night train from Prague to Warsaw. I wont change any trains and train leaves at 21:00 and arrives at 09:20 next day. I want use ony other trains after this night train. Is it possible to use it with onluy one travel days remaning? 

Another question is about the RailPlanner app. This train EN441 is a direct train. However during journey sleeping cars are connected to different train in Bohumin. This happens while everyone is sleeping and noone notices it. However RailPlanner does not see it and marks destination for EN441 as Bohumin which is not true. Therfore i will need to add it manually (of course if i can use it - this is what the first question is about). Wont adding it manually be a problem?

Done Interrailing three times and this is the first one when i get really confused. 

Greetings from Poland (or Austria now :))

icon

Best answer by ralderton 4 January 2024, 17:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The time of departure for each train is what counts. So if you take a night train departing at 2100 today, you use a travel day today.

If you don’t take any more trains departing after midnight, you won’t need another travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For your second question - I’m not sure. You have the option to add the train manually, as you say, that’s no problem. But whether it will be accepted by the ticket inspector I don’t know. I think probably yes.

Edit: I’ve just checked the train on Bahn.de. It shows as a single train there, so I’m sure you’ll have no problems if you add it manually to your pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For your second question - I’m not sure. You have the option to add the train manually, as you say, that’s no problem. But whether it will be accepted by the ticket inspector I don’t know. I think probably yes.

Manually added trains are just as valid as trains added from the planner.

Last week I rode around all day on manually added trains only: Trenitalia Tper apparently still can't be bothered to share their data.

As to the night train: yes, you can use a night train on your last travel day, but the arrival day must still be within the validity period of the pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The only thing you need to think of is that the validity of your pass ends at 23.59 CET on the 27th of January, so the last day that you can board a night train is on the 26th of January.