Solved

Night Train Reservation

• 27 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello, I want to make a night-train reservation departing from Frankfurt (Sued)  to Wien at 01:17, NJ 40421. The train schedule is updated on the OBB website, but it’s not on the Rail Planner application or website. 

I feel quite nervous in that I know the reservation for the night train is quite difficult. When will it be reflected on the Eurail Pass? 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 27 September 2022, 14:32

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can reserve directly via ÖBB.

Please read this tutorial before reserving it via ÖBB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

DO make sure this train will actually stop on the day you want -and DO be very alert that it is next day!!-as there are long time works meaning this train is very often diverted and will not stop in that station many days. Plus that it is very often very late. Fr-Süd is not a particular nice place to have to wait in the cold winter, but as this train will not serve FRA-HBF=main anyway, also not an overly nice place in the late eve with constant pestering.

Oh…. I wasn’t aware of it…. It is very surprising for me that the train could not stop in the decided station. But sadly, I already made the reservation which cannot be cancelled or refunded :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh…. I wasn’t aware of it…. It is very surprising for me that the train could not stop in the decided station. But sadly, I already made the reservation which cannot be cancelled or refunded :( 

I'm not sure what mcadv meant. If you could make a reservation, then the train has scheduled stops at your departure and arrival stations and there's no need to worry.

I'm not sure what mcadv meant. If you could make a reservation, then the train has scheduled stops at your departure and arrival stations and there's no need to worry.

Quite complicated but thanks for your worries and comments. I’ll look after the possible dangers :)

You can reserve directly via ÖBB.

Please read this tutorial before reserving it via ÖBB.

Thxs for your kindness :)