Skip to main content
Solved

No availability for Nightjet from Prague to Zurich in August

• 5 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I’m trying to book the nightjet from Prague to Zurich on August 24th. However I’ve looked many times over the past few weeks and although there is availability for the next month, there’s nothing for August at all it seems. Could be sold out, but seems like something else is the issue. I’ve written to nightjet with no response from them. I’ve tried on the Czech railways site as well.

Can anyone help?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Which night train? There are 2: via Austria and via Germany.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The one via Germany isn't running for 3 weeks in August due to works along the Rhine.

The one via Austria is released 60 days in advance (and doesn't run in July due to other works). That one most likely runs on 24th August.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I wasn’t aware there were 2, but it seems to be the Austrian route as only that one runs on Saturdays as far as I can tell.

@thicabe so I just need to wait until the end of June and they will become available? How did you find out that tickets are only 60 days in advance for that route?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@thicabe so I just need to wait until the end of June and they will become available? How did you find out that tickets are only 60 days in advance for that route?

That's usually trial and error. Look up the train next week, then next month, etc.