Solved

No option to reserve seats; London to Amsterdam

• 13 February 2022
  • 2 replies

My girlfriend and I bought an EURAIL pass and can't reserve a seat from London to Amsterdam.

The EURAIL app will not let us boom a reservation for a train from London Pancreas to Amsterdam Centraal despite saying we need a reservation.

To double check if the train was booked for pass holders, I checked both the farthest available dates with dates a few months ahead and before our trip and still can't make a reservation via the site.

It appears the only way to have a reservation is to buy tickets which defeats the purpose of buying a EURAIL pass in the first place.

How do we book tickets with the promised price of $34 per person?

We even synced the pass to the trip which said it would be okay to reserve. The starting date is April 1 at 7:00 AM GMT.

icon

Best answer by seewulf 13 February 2022, 16:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If Eurail´s own reservation system fails 😕 You can request a PassCoverNumber From Customer Service via this form

And reserve then via b-europe 🙂https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish (4€ Servicefee for the reservation)

For the 1st April there is actually (Eurostar operate currently a reduced timetable) a depature at 6.04pm from London with arrival in Amsterdam at 11pm :/ (No other train for this day on the Route :/ )
You may catch a Eurostar from London to Brussels and use from Brussels to Amsterdam the reservation free Intercity (instead of the expensive Thalys) if you wanna arrive earlier in Amsterdam as 11pm :)

London - Brussels depatures at 9am or 3pm from London :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nearly every day a BUS (coach for UK) is even cheaper as the supplm you have to pay for this €*. It seems that the lower fares they used to have for train are all withdrawn during this pandemic, the nr of trains also big reduced. Either to BRU or all the way to AMS. Will take of course lot longer, even overnite possible. Try general sites to compare like rome2rio or omio, buses are mostly run as FLIXbus or BlaBLabus.