Solved

No trains in the south of france

• 11 February 2024
  • 10 replies

• Keeps calm and carries on
  • 10 replies

Hello,

While checking timetables, I noticed there are practically no trains on the axis between Perpignan/Toulouse to Nîmes on the 9th, 10th and 11th of May. Unfortunately this is a quite vital link in my travel plans. I searched online for more info on why there are no trains on these dates, maybe construction works? But I can't find any information. This makes it quite difficult to plan. Will trains be available later or should I adjust my travel plans? Is there anyone here who can help?

icon

Best answer by Hektor 11 February 2024, 11:03

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

SNCF say timetables still have to be released:

I guess there will be engineering works and the timetable is still not final.

Hello,

While checking timetables, I noticed there are practically no trains on the axis between Perpignan/Toulouse to Nîmes on the 9th, 10th and 11th of May. Unfortunately this is a quite vital link in my travel plans. I searched online for more info on why there are no trains on these dates, maybe construction works? But I can't find any information. This makes it quite difficult to plan. Will trains be available later or should I adjust my travel plans? Is there anyone here who can help?

According to SNCF, Narbonne to Perpignan is closed for any rail traffic 8.5.2024 to 12.5.2024 (first and last day maybe just partly). Expect rail replacement with too little capacity (not yet confirmed).

Hello,

According to SNCF, Narbonne to Perpignan is closed for any rail traffic 8.5.2024 to 12.5.2024 (first and last day maybe just partly). Expect rail replacement with too little capacity (not yet confirmed).

Thank you, this helps a lot. I dont understand why SNCF cant provide people this simple bit of information on their websites...

Hello,

Thank you, this helps a lot. I dont understand why SNCF cant provide people this simple bit of information on their websites...

It’s there, but you need to search for it...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What a good idea to do works during one of the busiest weekends of the year... SNCF...

Hello,

It’s there, but you need to search for it...

Yes I found it as well now. It is very well hidden on the SNCF-site. There are also constructions between Narbonne and Lunel on the same dates I found out. Lunel is located somewhere in the middle between Montpellier and Nîmes. So that is quite a long stretch with construction works. Does not look good for me and other interrailers who would want to use trains on this section.

Hi @Hektor, where did you actually manage to find this on the SNCF website? I could only find this webpage:

https://www.ter.sncf.com/occitanie/se-deplacer/travaux-ligne-cevennes

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Here you go : https://www.ter.sncf.com/occitanie/se-deplacer/fiches-horaires (under Portbou - Montpellier - Avignon for example).

This is F***k  unbelievable . in the middle of a holiday you plan a complete blok for a vital part of the railway  …

and no alternative possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

SNCF (Réseau) in a nutshell for you…

If only they put frequent replacement buses but no they want people to drive. :(