Skip to main content

Hey everyone,

I’m planing a journey through italy by the end of the month and my highlight was supposed to be a trip from Naples to Palermo and back to Rome. 

My plan was to take a night train to Messina (INI36067) and continue from there with a regional.

Now the price in the booking tool of interrail is 97€(!), because I can only take the c4 comfort wagon. In the normal route planner tool it says if I take a normal seat it’s only 3€. I obviously just need a seat, how do I get that? In the FAQs on the interrail website is written I’m supposed to book it on the italian website, but there I can only see the option to buy a ticket for 85€.

Does anyone have experiences with trenitalia.com and can help me out?

Any help is much apreciated. 

Kind regards,

Mo

Hi, you can book your reservation through our reservation system or locally at the train station. I can see seat reservations available when choosing a random date. What date and time are you trying to book? 

Thanks for your reply!

I want to take the train from Naples to Messina the 30th of august at 0:22. 

I can also find it in the reservation tool of interrail, but there’s only the option to make a reservation for 97€, while there should be the option to just book a seat instead of a bed. Also 97€ is more expensive than the ticket would be, if I would buy it now. 

Cant check this train sorry :/ 

But in case of Berths in Couchette and Sleeper note its only possible to book a entire compartment due law restrictions of Italy :/ 

I used few days ago the direct Nighttrain Palermo-Milan for 89€ (Standard Saverfare) in a modernised Compartment :) 

It looks like the seats are fully booked, unfortunately. That's why it is only showing the compartment option. There are more options that day, at a later time, that do have seats available.