Solved

"Not available for some travellers"

• 8 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, 
We took a One country pass for Austria with my girlfriend. We leave Paris for Salzburg and then go to Vienna and finally return to Paris from Vienna. To go to Salzburg we go through Mannheim and at each reservation whatever the time we can't book the tickets, it's written "Not available for some travallers" we have the same problem for the return (Vienna->Paris). I don't understand because It is written on the website that we have the right to leave our country of residence and return to it with the One country pass. 

What is the problem and how to solve it? 

Thank you for your answer. 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 9 December 2022, 12:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I don't understand because It is written on the website that we have the right to leave our country of residence and return to it with the One country pass. 

Sorry, this is wrong. This rule is only for Global Pass users. One Country Pass is only valid in one country.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is written on the website that we have the right to leave our country of residence and return to it with the One country pass. 

Where did you see that? Could you post a URL to that page? Because it's not correct.

You'd better exchange your pass for a global pass:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

(Check the confirmation mail for the refund/exchange condition of your pass.)

If you're only making the 3 journeys mentioned, then also look up normal prices to compare.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Bonsoir, somehow it seems that this type of confusion for well over 90% comes from the FRench. As such it is pretty clearly written in the general info-page, but I´ve never ever checked the FRench pages for that. Maybe its the layout or some other wording that causes it. Alors, soyez gentile, aidez nous pour les suivants-and post that FRench page. Merci en avant.

Yes, youre also not that clear on for what dates, but its very likely that normal bookings-via bahn.com or oebb.at are likely the cheapest for this-but will also mean you are tied into those days/times.

(just to compare: if you book some 6-8 weeks advance singles for Salzburg-Vienne/Wien and back, the cost is likely just 9,90 each-and you now know how much an Austria-only pass cost.

@Pierrick Ribadeau Dumas Hello! I’m afraid that the information is misunderstood. Please read carefully:

Interrail Austria Pass | Austria One Country Pass | Interrail.eu

General conditions for everyone

• Only European residents can travel with an Interrail Pass. If you’re a non-European resident, you can travel with a Eurail Pass. Read more

• You cannot order a One Country Pass for the country where you live. Read more

• You cannot use the One Country Pass to travel to or from the country your Pass is valid in. The One Country Pass is only valid for travel with participating train, ferry and public transport companies in the country covered by your Pass. Read more

• Most high-speed and night trains require a reservation at an additional cost. Read more

• 1st class Passes are valid in both 1st and 2nd class carriages. 2nd class Passes are only valid in 2nd class carriages.

• All standard Interrail Passes are refundable or exchangeable if they are returned unused. Read our booking terms and our refund & exchange policy.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Annie.

I checked the French translation of the Austrian One Country pass. It’s is a bit wobbly at best, even a non-native French speaker can spot it quite easily.

“Vous ne pouvez pas utiliser le Pass un Pays pour rejoindre ou quitter le pays indiqué sur le Pass”.

… Is a very general - automated?- translation and if you read quickly it’s easy to miss out the ne.. pas. Le Pass un pays” is also a bit… weirdly translated. Sounds bizarre in French. Better keep it “One Country”

Anyway. Better would be:

“Le Pass ferroviaire autrichienne “Pass Un Pays” peut être utilisé uniquement en Autriche.”

Or if you want to stick more to the present - general- structure, I would highlight the negation and add uniquement. It will avoid a lot of accidental mistakes :)

“Vous ne pouvez pas utiliser le Pass “One Country” pour entrer ou sortir le pays. Le pass est uniquement valable pour des voyages dans le pays pour lequel vous avez acheté un pass.”

Perhaps it’s an idea to revise the French-website version with the next website-version (cfr. past user tests) :)