Skip to main content

Hello, I am trying to make a reservation for an OBB Nightjet Train from Basel SBB to Amsterdam Centraal with my eurail pass. On OBB’s site, the route is available if I click the option to purchase outright, but it is not available when I select a seat reservation only. I cannot find it on partner websites (eurail, b-europe) either… I am frustrated because I purchased the pass with the intention of using it to book some of these night trains. 

I can select the intercity train that I understand is connected for only a 3euro reservation, but I would prefer a couchette to sleep on my journey. Any guidance on how to work around? I have thought about purchasing the cheaper reservation and upgrading later, but I doubt that couchettes will be available day of. 

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hi, for Nightjet you don’t click on seat only option on oebb.at, but one way ticket and Interrail/Eurail as Discount

The reservation for a seat cost 14 EUR*. Couchette or sleeper more.

*On this Nightjet service, the seats run as Intercity - so the nightjet have on the booking site no seats, you need to select the Intercity that runs at the same time of the Nightjet, reservation is optional for 3€ via ÖBB, 4,50€ via DB or 6€ + 2€ via Interrail.eu bookable.

Thank you so much, Angelo, that is super helpful!