Skip to main content

Hello, 

Next week i am traveling from Wien in Austria to Rijeka in Croatia. I booked my seat reservations through the OBB site, and it said that i only needed reservations from Wien to Salzburg. When i was entering the trip in the rail planning it was stated that i needed three different reservations. Which one is correct? 

Has anyone experience with this? 

Greetings 

We need more details. Which dates, which exact trains are you taking?

You can’t call an ambulance without stating the adress ;)

Its the train that leaves on 28th of july on 23:27 in Wien hfb Austria and arrives on the 29th of july on 11:25 in Rijeka Croatia 

Which train did you book precisely ?

- EN Wien Hbf - Salzburg Hbf 23:27 - 02:12

- NJ Salzburg Hbf - Villach Hbf 02:30 - 04:42

- EN Villach Hbf - Rijeka 06:25 - 11:25

By leaving at 23:27 the journey is quite risky and you'll need to use 2 pass days. I'd recommend leaving earlier, night trains can get heavily delayed.

There is only one carriage between Stuttgart, Munich and Rijeka which is attached to a regular train in Ljubljana. Unsurprisingly it is full on 28th July. 

Solution : there is a couchette available on 28th July between Munich/Salzburg and Ljubljana in a lady-only compartment.

If that doesn't apply to you, you could try to board a seating carriage as reservations don't seem to be mandatory from the Austrian border (per DB). However be prepared to sit/sleep on the floor…

In Ljubljana move to the regular train on which the couchette carriage is attached (departure 08:25).

Thank you for the information! I think i’ll sleep and extra night in wien and take a day train. 

Again thanks for the information! Have a nice day