Solved

ÖBB changed the train cars

• 25 December 2023
  • 4 replies

We have reservations at Sparschiene for 31/12/2023 07:05 Zagreb Glavni kolodvor -> 11:07 Villach Hbf (EC212), 11:16 Villach Hbf -> 13:48 Salzburg Hbf (EC112) via ÖBB site.(including seat reservation).

There has been a change in my reservation, apparently the train has been changed from EC212 to D212. However, there seems to be no change in time, etc., just a change in train cars. Also, the ticket I currently have is still EC212.

Question 1)
Please see in image 1. "Please remember to find out about the alternative trains or transports available to you during the time the ticket is valid", so is it necessary to purchase an alternative ticket? Or can I still board the train with this ticket?

Question 2)
When I click on "Show alternative services", I can see the alternatives as shown in image 2. If I need to purchase an alternative ticket, do I need to pay 152.20 euro to purchase the ticket again?

Image 1:

Image2:

icon

Best answer by Hektor 25 December 2023, 21:15

View original

4 replies

No need to worry. No need to buy a new ticket. Just the train category has changed. Even if the train would not run at all it would be allowed tp take an other train. It’s also clearly stated: “Your ticket will remain valid.”

Worst thing that may happen is that the carriage with your given seat reservation is not running any more and you’d have no reserved seats. But that’s not visible from your screenshot.

Thanks for replying! I understand that I can board with the ticket I have now.
Our reserved tickets are below. (We are two people traveling together)
Do I need to make a reservation only for seat reservations?

Carriage number 271 (a slovenian one) is indicated as still running with D212 and these are two window seats in compartment number 3. If you got no message that these carriage is not running december 31st everything should be ok.

Thanks for everything :)
Yes, I have not heard that the carriage is not working.
So, just you said, there seems to be nothing to worry about regarding seat reservations.
Thank you very much for your kindness!