Solved

ÖBB Nightjet

• 28 July 2021
  • 4 replies

What train should I use if I am going from Berlin to Zurich? Do I have a night option?I will be buying a Globalpass.

icon

Best answer by seewulf 28 July 2021, 01:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can use the Nightjet :) with Couchette or Sleepers (reservation compulsory) or the Night IC (these are the seating coaches of the Nightjet on this Route and possible without reservation) ontop you can catch  ICE´s from Berlin to Mannheim or Basel with connection to Zürich at daytime :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

If you wanna catch some proper sleep, you should definitely opt for the sleeper/couchette in the Nightjet and not the seating car/night ICE.
Book some time in advance as sleepers and couchettes might sell out well ahead of time!

I want to book couchettes for my group who are travelling from Ljubljana to Munich on the 23:51 Nightjet from Ljubljana to Munich.

We all have Interrail Global Passes - how can I reserve couchettes for 12 people? I have tried online but I can’t find a place where I can do it. I have done this journey before and paid for the reservation - but I can’t see anywhere I can make the reservation now. 

David Burbidge, Sedbergh, Cumbria, UK

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It should be possible on the ÖBB website if you split the booking into 6 + 6.