Solved

One of my legs got cancelled. Could I just board another train?

• Keeps calm and carries on
  • 11 replies

Trip Paris EST 19:21 to Strasbourg, planned arrival at 19:13.

Strasbourg 19:21 to Basel SBB 20:38 (TER96247) Cancelled.

Basel SBB 21:14 to Luzern 22:30 TRN 2489 (not sure of status)

Instead of the Strasbourg to Basel SBB 19:21 20:38, could I just board the Strasbourg 19:51 to 21:13?

icon

Best answer by mcadv 6 July 2022, 07:09

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes-these TER are all without even chance to REServe. Nice that they even notify you.

In principle have to change als trips done in triprecord.

@mcadv , thanks for responding. They didn’t inform. I just searched the train number in scnf connect and found out that it was cancelled. There are some train strike notices I got in my email, so wanted to check.

@mcadv , could I do the same for the Basel SBB to Luzern? Do you know of a site that I can see TRN train information?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

could I do the same for the Basel SBB to Luzern? Do you know of a site that I can see TRN train information?

In Switzerland you never need reservations unless you travel in the panoramic coaches of the tourist scenic trains so you can take any train from Basel SBB to Luzern.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Please keep in mind, that today there is a strike of SNCF in France and trains can be cancelled, please check sncf-connect.com for further information. 

@Angelo , I checked, and seems like the train is ok, or am I not seeing something.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You have to go till Strasbourg? than it should be ok. 

The TER to Basel is running?

And from Basel I hope you still get a train to your destination. (All trains in Switzerland do not need a reservation, exp. panoramic train, but at this time of the day they do not run)

@Angelo how to check TER trains? SCNF connect doesn't seem to have any information 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@bahamat  you have to check the website of TER of the region, in this case Grand Est 

TER Grand Est - Horaires, info trafic, achat de billets et abonnements (sncf.com)