Solved

'One of the legs of your journey could not be booked' (Paris to Cassis, 10/08/23)

• 2 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi all, 

Kiwi here attempting to book train seats from Paris to Cassis on the 10th August for myself and my travel mate. We both have the EUrail 2nd class pass, however, when going to reserve our seats through the EUrail seat reservation we get the infamous ‘no longer available’ message.

I have checked the b-europe.com availablity and there doesn’t appear to be any trains available to reserve seats on this day.

Is there any other sites to check for seat reservations or is it just EUrail.com and b-europe.com?

Have we simply left it too late and there are not seats available to reserve? or am I missing something?

Any alternatives for trains/booking methods is greatly appreciated. 

Cheers.

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 2 August 2023, 13:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Cassis, France, between Marseille and Toulon?

Which trains are you specifically trying to book? What time, which train number? Please specify, otherwise difficult to help you out.

You’ll only need a seat reservation for the TGV Inoui until Marseille. The regional train (TER) cannot be reserved.

Try using https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish for seat reservation Paris until Marseille St. Charles, where to switch to a TER to Cassis (no seat reservation needed).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It's the summer holidays so some trains are possibly sold out but you'll certainly find something.

I'll have a look at options through b-europe. At what time would you like to leave ?

EDIT : as told by Brendan most if not all trains are available to Marseille for 20€.

If you'd like to save a bit of money and are not worried about time you could take the TGV to Avignon Centre (07:14 - 10:56, 10€), spend some time in this beautiful city and then continue by reservation-free TER regional trains to Marseille and Cassis.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Still plenty availability on almost all TGV’s that day, from Paris to Marseille. Mostly 20 Eur per seat though.

The specific train we’d ideally like to catch from Paris is the 10:10am from Paris Gare De Lyon, however we’re happy to catch any of the morning trains from 7am - 12pm if available. 

Huge thank you for helping out! Much appreciated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Then it is available for 20€ per person on b-europe. :)

Enjoy your trip !

Perfect! We’ve managed to get it sorted finally. 

Huge help from you lot. Again, very much appreciated!!!