Solved

Paper ticket reservation isssue (Spain)

• 31 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I made a reservation for a train from Nimes to Barcelona on November 20 but was not given the option to opt-out of paper ticket delivery.

I provided the address and contact information of my Airbnb host but just received word that he won’t be able to sign for my package upon its delivery. I unfortunately won't be arriving in Monte Carlo until November 18- two days before my scheduled departure on the above train.

Given that I've purchased a Eurail mobile pass, can I obtain an electronic version of my seat reservation? I don’t have an address of my own to provide because I’m currently backpacking. I’ve tried getting touch with Eurail customer service via email and visited a help desk in Vienna but no one has been able to help; I’m getting anxious.

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 2 November 2022, 12:46

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, did you try to get in touch with Eurail Customer Service via this form?

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

please write the exact date when you will travel, if it is soon, you will be prioritised. 

Badge +5

There is no email option for this train. They only accept a paper reservation. You might need a plan B such as travelling by TER train to Port Bou and a local train to Barcelona. This will take a lot longer but is a much nicer journey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is always important to check with the hostel/hotel/airbnb host that they can sign for the delivery before you order a reservation that is delivered by registered mail. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no email option for this train. They only accept a paper reservation. You might need a plan B such as travelling by TER train to Port Bou and a local train to Barcelona. This will take a lot longer but is a much nicer journey.

There are several ways to make this reservation and get the reservation by email. Please read more in the link below. 

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105/index2.html?postid=18423#post18423

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no email option for this train.

Sure there is. It's just that Eurail doesn’t issue it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Zoe Steffensen 

Unfortunately, for that route only a Paper reservation is provided. As @AnnaB mentioned above, it is important to verify with host/hotel if they are able to sign the delivery upon arrival before purchasing the Reservation. In your case, you can try making the reservation directly at the train station or as @cdwatkins19 suggested: travelling by TER train to Port Bou and a local train to Barcelona.

Have a lovely day!