Solved

Paper tickets never delivered

• 19 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I ordered paper reservation tickets for Oslo to Bergen to travel on 2 September and Bergen to Oslo on 4th September. The only option I had on the eurail website was to order paper tickets and wait for them to be delivered. The tickets never arrived and I think they were returned to their office, despite my address being correct on the order. 

In order to travel I had to book and pay again directly with the train company over the phone. I’ve tried contacting eurail for a refund on the original paper tickets but I have not been able to get a response. Any advice?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 29 September 2022, 14:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you get a tracking number for the delivery of the paper reservations?

Hello Robert, thank you for your question. I am sorry to read this!

According to the communication I have located, this is the response my colleagues provided:

Because you couldn’t pick up the reservations they were returned to our office, this is why you are not eligible for a refund under the railway company’s' rules. 
If you have paper reservations tickets that you cant use I would advise to cancelled them before the reservation date in your Reservation Overview so that you are eligible for a refund. 

I hope this clarifies it! Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Kind regards,

Annie

You have conveniently missed the point in your 'communication' where you said that I provided an incorrect address, which is not true. The address I provided was valid and the tickets failed to be delivered. Please can you arrange a refund for me, Annie. Thank you