Paris to Spanish border this Sun 12/Mon 13 March

• 10 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
  • Full steam ahead
  • 32 replies

Hey Interrailers and Eurailers :)

I have a reservation for the Intercité de Nuit 3731 Paris - Perpignan for this Sunday (12 March, 9.42pm). From there I was planning to head down to Tarragona on Monday.

I'm pretty sure the train has been canceled: https://www.sncf.com/en/booking-itinerary/search-train-number/train-details/3731?date=03%2F12%2F2023&codeCirculation=9fdbf481825f3a7b8b503694793f693a&codeZoneArret=OCE87547000

Luckily my train to Paris tomorrow still seems to be going. 

I'm thinking about probably getting the bus instead of the night train.

But do you have any ideas for alternative ways to get from Paris to Tarragona or am I missing anything important or obvious!?

I'm seeing a friend on Sunday so I won't be able to leave a lot earlier but would be OK with staying in Paris then leaving there Monday morning. It's just the strike is stopping me knowing what trains will actually go!?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 10 March 2023, 19:48

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'd say: call SNCF NOW (until 20:00 CET, press #85 for English) to ask for an alternative. Maybe they can book you on a TGV on Monday morning to Barcelona or Perpignan, if you want that.

They'll still have to arrange accommodation in Paris then of course. In any case, they're required to offer an alternative without extra costs.