Solved

Pass Cover Number - B - Europe Eurostar

• 9 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello,

I am having a Eurail Global Pass 7 days. I want to book Eurostar on Oct 31 2022 from London to Paris but Eurail website seat reservation is showing UNAVAILABLE 

On B Europe I am able to find seats but it is asking for Pass Cover Number which I have generated online.

But there is a small note in the footer of “where can i find pass cover number?” - it shows where to look for pass cover number but also says valid only for paper pass and not for digital pass

I am confused - can I book this ticket using the pass cover I generated online - Pls note:  I have mobile pass and not paper pass

Pls suggest asap kindly

Thanks so much!!!!

Satbeer

icon

Best answer by Angelo 9 October 2022, 11:33

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes it is fine. Nobody complained about problems. And the cover number generator is an official tool of Eurail.

If I am not wrong, the pass cober number will not be printed on the reservation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Absolutely no problem, the number generated should have the format Ixxxxxxxx for Interail passes. Strangely you put the pass number in to b-europe to make the reservation, the reservation itself does not link to a specific pass, just your name.

I assume the need for a number was introduced when there were only paper passes which use the 8 number format, whilst the mobile passes use a simpler format. The message is something that is poorly worded, in reality it should be reworded to point out the number required is immediately usable from a paper pass but a mobile pass needs a number created by this tool. Until a few weeks ago you had to contact Interrail for a number, but the new tools mean we can do it for ourself,

So go ahead and make your reservations with the number generated by the new tool.

Wonderful!

Thanks for your kind prompt help!

God bless

I have one query about this: The pass cover number generated actually had E as starting Alphabet not I

Is that okay?

Satbeer

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes because you are from outside Europe and have an Eurail Pass. For Europeans the same Pass is called Interrail.

Great, thanks so much Angelo!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This added question is mostly there to prevent some people to buy reduced ´tickets ´ as they could cheat without having the correct pass. For the same reason in some other countries the RES-only are so hard to get-railways are not charitable institutions. But as I did this trip in late aug I cannot really remember to also even have to show my pass, having also booked online via b-rail

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This added question is mostly there to prevent some people to buy reduced ´tickets ´ as they could cheat without having the correct pass. For the same reason in some other countries the RES-only are so hard to get-railways are not charitable institutions. But as I did this trip in late aug I cannot really remember to also even have to show my pass, having also booked online via b-rail

Trust me, whilst you need your reservation to even get access to the departure lounge, they diligently checked my pass as well on the train last week. Obviously they are aware of those who risk it and falsely claim they have a pass .