Solved

Pass Cover Number for mobile pass seat reservation

Hi, I submitted a request for a pass cover number 10 days ago, and have not heard back, the request is logged and "open". Please could you help? I need to reserve a specific train on the first day, and I can see available seats disappearing fast. Would it not be possible to set up an automated "unique pass number generator" as there are so many similar requests?

Thanks very much.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 3 July 2022, 16:48

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are several ways to make reservations where the pass cover number not is needed. What route do you want to reserve?

Thanks! Copenhagen to Oslo using the SJ site, doesn't seem to work on the DSB site . It wants the last 8 numbers of the Pass Cover number. Also need Ostersund-Stockholm & Stockholm-Gothenburg later on in the trip.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For the SJ site I or E and any 8 digits will be fine. I did it myself some week ago. @Stardust58 

Does that mean the 8 digit number is not shown on the reservation? Or they don't check your pass number is identical on the train? That would be great. Thanks very much! @AnnaB 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The pass cover number you enter is not printed on the ticket.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Would it not be possible to set up an automated "unique pass number generator" as there are so many similar requests?

Thanks very much.

@Stardust58 

I couldn't tell you before but your wish has come true.

https://community.eurail.com/news-and-announcements-39/pass-cover-number-generator-is-live-5653

@AnnaB So sometimes wishes do come true! 😊 I even got a number ending in 007, have a feeling this is going to be an exciting trip! Thanks again!