Solved

Passing through Liechtenstein

• 13 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello !
I would like to travel from Liechtenstein to Brussels by train. To do this, I have to do Liechtenstein Zurich, then Zurich Frankfurt and then Frankfurt Brussels.
My question is, when I book this journey on the Interrail app, will the app offer me to pay a supplement for the part where the train runs in Liechtenstein (since Liechtenstein is not part of the Interrail agreement)? Or how does it work ?
Thank you very much for your help !

icon

Best answer by Hektor 13 January 2023, 19:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Same-same applies to Monaco, which is only served by SNCF. But LIE even has a very few stazionen/BHFe in the country that are served by local OeBB trains-the expresses swish past. Some years ago the rich bankers there even got on the Swiss bandwagon and shelled out some frankeli for an improved-and in the start even free or very cheap, POSTbus system, but 99% of the takers were tourists-and a very few for them ´foreign ´ workers.

Liechtenstein is technically Austria (ÖBB = austrian railways). If your pass is valid in Austria, you may travel between Feldkirch and Buchs (and intermediate stations) with no additional cost.

Thanks you very much !!

Liechtenstein is technically Austria (ÖBB = austrian railways). If your pass is valid in Austria, you may travel between Feldkirch and Buchs (and intermediate stations) with no additional cost.