Solved

Physical copy interrail pass and reservation

My email about a train reservation in Italy says the following: 'Remember: you must be able to show physical copies of your reservations ánd your Interrail Pass to the conductor.  This email is not a valid ticket.  So keep your printed copies in a safe place'.

Does this mean I only need a physical copy of the reservation or that I also need a physical copy of my interrail pass. If so, how do I get the physical copy of my interrail pass (where can I find it in the app to print it out)?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 15 July 2023, 21:51

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Who mailed you that? In any case, your mobile pass is good enough on screen.

Reservations only need to be printed for night trains.

Interrail emailed me this after booking the reservation through their site

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Is that a literal quote from their email? Last year they wrote: "Remember, you’ll need physical copies of your reservations to show the conductor on board the train, along with your interrail Pass.”

That's not quite the same.

It's translated from Dutch to English, so maybe that's why it differs a little bit. But it is a translation from a direct quote

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's translated from Dutch to English, so maybe that's why it differs a little bit. But it is a translation from a direct quote

Kun je de letterlijke Nederlandse versie eens posten?

Onthoud: je moet fysieke kopieën van je reserveringen én je Interrail Pas aan de conducteur kunnen laten zien. Deze e-mail is geen geldig ticket. Bewaar je afdrukte kopieën dus op een veilige plek.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Onthoud: je moet fysieke kopieën van je reserveringen én je Interrail Pas aan de conducteur kunnen laten zien. Deze e-mail is geen geldig ticket. Bewaar je afdrukte kopieën dus op een veilige plek.

Hm, ja die zin kun je op 2 manieren opvatten en is dus niet zo eenduidig als de Engelse versie. Beter zou zijn:

Onthoud: je moet fysieke kopieën van je reserveringen aan de conducteur kunnen laten zien, samen met je Interrail-pas. Deze e-mail is geen geldig ticket. Bewaar je afdrukte kopieën dus op een veilige plek.

@Mukhammad @Camilo. Could the wording of the Dutch email be changed, e.g. to my proposal above, to make it unambiguous? The current version is ambiguous and can be taken to mean that you need a physical copy of your Interrail pass. That doesn't make sense for a mobile pass, but for new users that may not be very clear.

Ja precies, dat is waarom ik het niet zeker wist. Ik dacht ook al dat je je interrail pas niet kon printen ivm fraude, maar twijfelde toch. Dus met m'n online interrail pas en een uitgeprinte reservering komt het sowieso goed? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ja precies, dat is waarom ik het niet zeker wist. Ik dacht ook al dat je je interrail pas niet kon printen ivm fraude, maar twijfelde toch. Dus met m'n online interrail pas en een uitgeprinte reservering komt het sowieso goed? 

Helemaal :)

Top, dankjewel voor je reacties!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Madeleinexyz @rvdborgt Thank you for flagging this up!

I'll deliver your feedback @rvdborgt to make sure the wordings are not ambiguous. In this case, could you @Madeleinexyz send a screenshot for the email confirmation you received here? Please censor your personal information as much as you can before attaching it here

Have a nice day!

@Mukhammad 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Madeleinexyz Thank you :)