Solved

Prage to Budapest December 13 and onwards

• 23 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

We are travelling through Europe in December and I am trying to book Prague to Budapest on 13th and various other trips after that date but there is nothing listed even though it’s within 60 days.

I was able to book my Berlin to Prague leg for 9th December a month ago but noting since?

Any idea when I may be able to book?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 23 October 2022, 12:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You'll have to wait until the trains are opened for booking. The booking window is often shorter around the annual timetable change, which is on the Sunday after the 2nd Saturday in December. No need to worry though. Reservations for the day trains are optional (regardless of what the app or website claim) and are unlikely to be fully booked such a long time in advance.

You'll have to wait until the trains are opened for booking. The booking window is often shorter around the annual timetable change, which is on the Sunday after the 2nd Saturday in December. No need to worry though. Reservations for the day trains are optional (regardless of what the app or website claim) and are unlikely to be fully booked such a long time in advance.

Ok I just thought it was weird seeing that the trains are available to book on the DB site but not through Eurail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok I just thought it was weird seeing that the trains are available to book on the DB site but not through Eurail.

They may already be open for booking if they show up at the DB site. The Eurail website does not have very frequent update. Check this thread for alternative places (often cheaper the Eurail) to book:

Prague - Budapest can be booked cheaper via via cd.cz (75 CZK = ~3€ for a seat) once they have the new timetable available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

or a seat is bookable via bahn.com for 4,50€, if seat booking is opened.