Solved

Prague to Zurich overnight sleeper with en-suite May 9

• 22 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I have been told that the sleeper for the Prague to Zurich is currently only available till mid Feb. I intend checking regularly until the 9/5/2024 booking is available, but in the meantime I want to make sure I choose the right train and right booking method. 

On an earlier question I was told “This can be booked at https://www.nightjet.com/ train number is EN 50466 Add Interrail/Eurail as discount for each passenger and search to get passholder fare. Cost for 2 in private sleeper is €116 or €156 for en-suite sleeper.” The one I want is the cost for 2 in an en-suite sleeper.

So if I go to nightjet.com and enter a date in early Feb (to see how it works) I select adults and load my discount, it gives me the following options. Would the first one be the right one to make the desired booking

On a subsequent question I was told “The sleeper can currently be booked until 18 February, on tickets.oebb.at and cd.cz”. So if I go to oebb.and search for the same dates and destinations, i get a different outcome with no idea which one to choose

If I try the cd.cz web site, with the same parameters I get the following result, but unlike the others, it doesn’t translate to English so I don’t know what I am looking at, if the sleeper is available or whatever

So, of the 3 sites, nightjet seems to be the easiest to understand, so is that the one I should be monitoring?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 22 December 2023, 07:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

All websites should work and offer the same results.

Nightjet : generally the most convenient as it only shows night trains.

ÖBB : you selected trains leaving at 6am. It will show you daytime trains first unless you select a departure later in the day. Nothing wrong.

ČD : available in English, select language at the top or somewhere. It defaults to Czech which is normal.

New 2024 prices are as follows (for 2 people) :

- 152€ double sleeper

- 200€ double en-suite sleeper

Remember that you save a night accommodation so it's still a fair price even though increases are never fun :(

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks. I will check the nightjet web site every few days. The price is fair, given it includes association, as you said. The inconsistency across web sites is the part that most frustrated me. The new Rail Europe site seemed to be fairly easy to use.