Solved

Problem booking reservations

Hi,

I really hope you can help me. I need to book reservations for my and the 4 other people in my group to get on the 11:04 Eurostar from London St Pancras to Amsterdam Centraal on 28/06/22 and also the NJ468 Nightjet train from Vienna to Paris on 23/07/22. 

I seem to be unable to book these on the interrail website or on the websites for the individual railway companies and it's showing an error message that it may be fully booked. I have however seen this error message before when this was not the case. How do I find out of they are in fact fully booked and how can I get on those trains? I really need to be on them.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 2 June 2022, 17:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The availability of passholder seats on the Eurostar can be checked here:

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#Outbound

On the 28th of June there are only passholder seats left on 2 trains, see picture below. I assumed that the 5 of you have 2nd class Interrail passes.

If you don't have your Pass Cover Number you should be able to book by phone at SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail.

•  
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The 11:04 train London - Amsterdam does not have any passholder seats anymore. You can still book the 8:16 or 18:04 train:

There are still passholder seats on the 11:04 train to Brussels (or other trains). From there, you can use the hourly reservation-free intercity service to Amsterdam.

You can easily check availability via Belgian railways. To book via that website, you need a pass cover number (although that will not be printed on the reservations).

The night train on 23 July cannot be booked, I think because timetables have not yet been finalised. It shouldn't take too long anymore before reservations are opened; you could ask ÖBB via their social media. The night train is best booked via tickets.oebb.at, where they now show a warning about the engineering works.