Solved

Problems booking seat reservations to Paris and Spain ''prices unavailable''

• 11 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello! 
I plan to travel through Eurail next month for the first time. I have purchased a global eurail pass.However, I am having issues making seat reservations to Paris from England, and from Paris to Barcelona.

When attempting to make seat reservations through the rail planner app, no prices are available for my desired travel times.

How do I make reservations if the rail planner app or the eurail website  won’t allow me to do so?

Also, I won’t be in Europe until the end of this month, so I wont be able to visit a train station to make a reservation. I would like to make reservations for these trains as soon as possible. 

icon

Best answer by seewulf 11 June 2022, 19:55

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Which dates are you traveling?

England to Paris on Tuesday, July 5th 

Paris to Barcelona on Friday, July 8th 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

England to Paris on Tuesday, July 5th 

Paris to Barcelona on Friday, July 8th 

Here the current offers of Seats for eurostar between London - Paris i just searched for one traveler :)

Thank you! 
 A few other questions I have: 

is everything that says unavailable sold out already? 

And how do I book these seats? Through Eurostar.com? 

I do already have a global pass. Do I just have to pay for the reservation? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you! 
 A few other questions I have: 

is everything that says unavailable sold out already? 
No more often it just means that Eurails Bookingsystem can´t book it.
And how do I book these seats? Through Eurostar.com? 
Via Phone of SNCF (French Rail) or Eurostar
Online via b-Europe (PassCoverNumber needed. Mobilepass user can request one from Customer Service)

I do already have a global pass. Do I just have to pay for the reservation? 

Yes you need just a reservation however both trains you intend to catch have just few seats for Railpassuser :/

Thank you so much! 

I will try those seat reservation options. 

one last question: seat reservations for rail pass users for both trains are already booked up for next month? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can check the availability of pass holder seats on the Eurostar here:

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#Outbound

In order to make a reservation at b-europe.com you need a pass cover number, but the best way to make reservations is to call SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

To get your Pass Cover Number, if you still will need it, you need to contact Customer Support through this form and ask for the Pass Cover Number?

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you will probably have to be patient to get help. Please let Customer Support know what date your travel will start so that they can prioritise your request correctly

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you so much! 

I will try those seat reservation options. 

one last question: seat reservations for rail pass users for both trains are already booked up for next month? 
Can happen especially on the popular routes that everybody wanna take like Eurostar from London to Brussels/Paris or the TGV from Paris to Barcelona or Milan. The Railcompanies know that and charge because of that quite High Reservation fee´s and offer only limited seats for Railpassholders to force them to buy normal tickets as travelers often have a fixed shedule.