Solved

Puertollano to Badajoz seat reservations

• 8 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I need to get a seat reservation for the Puertollano to Badajoz train, but when I called the infoline, the person there told me it’s not possible to book two trains with the change, but I also booked two separate trains right afterwards so why was that not the option?

I got the reservations for the rest of my trains in Spain, but not this one. They suggested I just go to the station upon arrival to Puertollano and ask for it there.

Does anyone know why this is the case? Should I call them again and ask for just a reservation for that one train? To my knowledge regional trains in Spain do not even require a mandatory reservation, so that only adds to the confusion...

icon

Best answer by Schelte 8 November 2023, 08:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

My advice is to assume all trains in Spain need reservations. For the Regional Express, these should be free, but as far as I know they can only be made at Spanish ticket offices. For the MD, a charge of €4 could apply - these have seat assignation. In fact, I suspect Renfe sees this as a way to let ticket office staff check the validity of the pass instead instead of on board staff.

Have you made pre-reservations through Renfe's phone line that require collection in 72 hours? In that case when you collect them simply ask for these reservations. 

My advice is to assume all trains in Spain need reservations. For the Regional Express, these should be free, but as far as I know they can only be made at Spanish ticket offices. For the MD, a charge of €4 could apply - these have seat assignation. In fact, I suspect Renfe sees this as a way to let ticket office staff check the validity of the pass instead instead of on board staff.

Have you made pre-reservations through Renfe's phone line that require collection in 72 hours? In that case when you collect them simply ask for these reservations. 

Yes, I did pre-reservations with collection in 72 hours for the rest of trains apart from this one and was a bit confused as to why it wasn’t possible.

Do you think I’ll be able to get reservations at the Barcelona Sants instead of at the Puertollano specifically? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yes it should be possible in Barcelona Sants… even if they tell you that it is not. Sometimes the staff is very lazy and doesn’t want to work unfortunately (and tells it is only possible to book it in the departure station).