Solved

Refund on reservations when missed connection

• 12 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all

1. When I missed the train because the train before was late, can I ask for a refund for my reservation, or ask for change of the reservation (if there is time enough for doing this...)
  2.  I have an Eurail ticket 1. class, but even more than one monthe before, I cannot reserve seats in the first class (DB ICE Frankfurt > Cologne). Reservations in this train are NOT mandatory. Are there “open” seats in such trains.

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by mcadv 12 July 2022, 15:54

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

varies a bit per country

@1 refunds are very, very rare-if it was for justaseat (4-5€) then forget it. But indeed-you should be able to get an altern. RES instead-except this may take so much time and effort and wait, that its in practice useless. 

Here in DE=Germany fairly often trains are cancelled alltogether-they ll notify you of that if you have left @mail-then you can claim a vouhcer (not money) for the value at counter-to use in bordbistro or so

@2-yes, in all such trains seats are marked (in fact anywhere in DE, AT etc.) for which sector they are REServed-blank if not. It may mean you have to change seats en-route for a long trip.

But it seems very strange to not be able to RES-its 5,70 for that and daft easy direct on bahn.com-choose seat only. As they are mailed it will also advise you if that train is late/cancelled or whatever they have managed to spoil the joy that day (I now sit in a german station using its free wifi)