Solved

Reservation - Date different in cart?

My wife and I are trying to reserve seats for a train on Thursday 6th October, however when we add the reservation to the cart, it says the booking is for Friday 7th October. 

We are booking from Australia. Which date should we select to make sure that we are on the train on Thursday 6th is October local time?

icon

Best answer by MattyShannon 1 September 2022, 08:29

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes,topic often raised. Shannon is an airport in IE. BUT it seems all times are set to CET herein EUR-which leads to this 1 day difference. Its much harder for OZzies doown yundah to harmonise-but you should do it later in the day when we here on this continent have the same date on the calender.

Opposite is reported from those from west-USA-they live earlier.

This will also play havock when you want activate pass and put in birthdate.

Yes,topic often raised. Shannon is an airport in IE. BUT it seems all times are set to CET herein EUR-which leads to this 1 day difference. Its much harder for OZzies doown yundah to harmonise-but you should do it later in the day when we here on this continent have the same date on the calender.

Opposite is reported from those from west-USA-they live earlier.

This will also play havock when you want activate pass and put in birthdate.

So does that mean that the timetable is listed on the website in CET? Or is the cart in CET? 

In other words, we want to catch a 10:12am train (local time) from Paris on Thursday 6th October, but when we select that train, the cart shows it as 10:12am 7th October.

Should we select the train that’s listed on Wednesday 5th October at 10:12am so that the cart shows it as Thursday 6th October 10:12am?

Or should we select the train that’s listed on Thursday 6th October at 10:12am so that the cart shows it as Friday 7th October 10:12am?

We are very confused by this!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You should make sure to make the reservation at a time when the date in Europe  (CET) is the same date as in Australia. You need to check the time difference from where you live to CET. 

Right now the time is 07.26 on the  31st of August CET.

You should make sure to make the reservation at a time when the date in Europe  (CET) is the same date as in Australia. You need to check the time difference from where you live to CET. 

Right now the time is 07.26 on the  31st of August CET.

Thanks for the tip! It seems that even when the calendar dates are the same - it’s currently 3:30pm on the 31st August here in Australia - that the cart still shows 1 calendar day (exactly 24 hours) ahead of the timetabled train that we select. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok. The problem can also be that your device used am/pm and not 24 hour clock. You could try and change the setting for the clock and then restart your device. 

What is important is the date on the reservation. That has to be the 6th of Oct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt Do you have any idea how to solve this?

We figured out a solution! You need to set the timezone on your device to the timezone of the place where you intend to catch the train. For us we changed our computer time from AEST to CET (to book a train from Paris) while making the booking - this resolved all issues, and we simply changed back after making the appropriate reservation. 

Thanks for the help all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We figured out a solution! You need to set the timezone on your device to the timezone of the place where you intend to catch the train. For us we changed our computer time from AEST to CET (to book a train from Paris) while making the booking - this resolved all issues, and we simply changed back after making the appropriate reservation. 

Thanks for the help all!

Great. This information should be available on the Eurail FAQ page. I'll tag the Eurail Team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great. This information should be available on the Eurail FAQ page.

It should also be fixed - this is just a workaround. Maybe it should therefore (also) be mentioned in the technical issues section of the support KB:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/categories/360003060697-Technical-Issues

Hi fellow down under traveller

Have you travelled yet? Did it work?!

We are in NZ and I’m very concerned I’m going to book trains on the wrong day now!  My i phone / vodafone does not have the option of switching to CET.  Would you just change the time zone on phone each time make a booking  to the local time zone for departure eg booking Eurostar Paris to London change it to Paris? 

TIA 

Kiwi