Reservation EC Berlin - Warszaw not possible

• 3 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi all, 

In a few days i'm going from the Netherlands to Poland. It is quit easy to make reservations for Polish trains (due to corona, you need to make reservations for all fast trains), but for the EC from Berlin to Warszaw it is just not possible. I tried making a reservation with Interrail, DB, and PKP.  It is however possible to make a reservation for the same train from the first Polish station (Rzepin) to Warszaw. So I guess the only possibility is to buy the seat reservation at Berlin Hbf. Does anyone have experience making a reservation for a Polish train at this station? 

And is it a good idea to just make a reservation for the Rzepin - Warszaw section already?

Thanks a lot, 

Alex

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Alex,

yeah, you should try it at a station in Germany.
Reservation for Rzepin-Warsaw might be a nice backup, but you will still need a reservation for the Berlin-Rzepin part as it might be checked by the conductor.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Berlin - Frankfurt (Oder) no reservation needed :) Offical the train is reservation compulsory from Frankfurt (Oder)

You can reserve this train easily at any DB Reisezentrum or by phone of DB with pick up (“BahnTix”) from any DB Ticket machine :)

Thanks! So the reservation is only needed for the Frankfurt Oder - Warszaw part. But why is it not possible to make a reservation online instead of a DB ticket machine? 

But if I make a reservation for the Rzepin - Warszaw part on the PKP website (that's like 0,20 EUR), I only miss the small part between the German border and Rzepin. Would that be a problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks! So the reservation is only needed for the Frankfurt Oder - Warszaw part. But why is it not possible to make a reservation online instead of a DB ticket machine? 

But if I make a reservation for the Rzepin - Warszaw part on the PKP website (that's like 0,20 EUR), I only miss the small part between the German border and Rzepin. Would that be a problem?

It´s a problem since years that the online booking tools of PKP and DB doesn´t communicate with each other :/

As said at the staion in Berlin or
via phone with pickup are the best solutions :) usually there are plenty of seats free :)

in my eyes not but iam not a conductor :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Most likely no, but if you are unlucky you might get a fine / pay an expensive bord price… so I’d better pay 4 euro instead of having to worry...

Ofcourse i'm going to buy the reservation at Berlin Hbf, but if that not works, or if my train is late for example, I have a backup ;) 

Thanks all!