Solved

Reservation not possible: Paris - Avignon. 13.04.2022

• 19 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello all, nice to see such a lively forum here!

I just spent 4 hours searching very desperately: we are a group of seven people and we want to go from Paris to Avignon on April 13. The departure must be after 11:30 in the morning.

Unfortunately, the reservation app does not say if it is a technical error or there are no reservations available. But the TGV does not seem to be bookable.

Now my question: does anyone know of a connection between Paris and Avignon on the regional express, and how do we get a reservation. Even if we did not need one, we can stand somewhere and set in the train.

I know these are trivial questions, but I also searched different platforms and did not find a concrete answer.

Or does it make sense to just go to a travel agency and ask? Have any of you done this tour before?

Would be really really grateful for an answer. Thank you so much 

icon

Best answer by Jose-Fine Shepard 19 March 2022, 08:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Sometimes there is an error as you maybe select Avignon (few TGV´s per day) and not Avignon TGV (plenty of TGV´s)

If the system still fails :/

You can reserve via b.europe (4€ service fee) + PassCovernumber needed (Can be requested from Customer Service

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You didn't say which TGV you want to take. The 11:36 direct TGV from Paris Gare de Lyon to Avignon TGV still has seats left:

You can also book it via Belgian railways, which is cheaper for you since Interrail charge an extra 2€ per person and seat (14€ in total) and Belgian railways charge 4€ per order. You do need a pass cover number, which is on the pass cover of the paper pass or for a mobile pass, you can request one here.

With regional trains only, there are also possibilities:

For these regional trains, no reservations are needed (not even possible).

You didn't say which TGV you want to take. The 11:36 direct TGV from Paris Gare de Lyon to Avignon TGV still has seats left:

You can also book it via Belgian railways, which is cheaper for you since Interrail charge an extra 2€ per person and seat (14€ in total) and Belgian railways charge 4€ per order. You do need a pass cover number, which is on the pass cover of the paper pass or for a mobile pass, you can request one here.

With regional trains only, there are also possibilities:

For these regional trains, no reservations are needed (not even possible).

Wow, you are brillant. The pass cover number: is that different to Passnumber? (We all have mobile pass) > I requested one, hopefully they send via email. 

Sometimes there is an error as you maybe select Avignon (few TGV´s per day) and not Avignon TGV (plenty of TGV´s)

If the system still fails :/

You can reserve via b.europe (4€ service fee) + PassCovernumber needed (Can be requested from Customer Service

Very helpful. Wow. Thank you !!!I will try to manage that. (I also Ordered a Pass cover number… hopefully that will come soon. (2 days of reply » cross fingers! 😉 

Hi There,

i now tried that again and it says:

“Please try to find an alternative connection. The unavailable leg will be removed from your cart.”

I alos tried PARIS GARE DU LYON > LYON (to check LEG) and LYON AVIGNON (TO Check LEG):

neither of it worked. Arrgh. 

Is there any other solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

“Please try to find an alternative connection. The unavailable leg will be removed from your cart.”

I alos tried PARIS GARE DU LYON > LYON (to check LEG) and LYON AVIGNON (TO Check LEG):

neither of it worked. Arrgh. 

Which exact train are you trying to book? What is its departure time?

Hi There,

its PARIS GARE DU LYON » AVIGNON 11:36 am 13.04.2022 / 7 Persons.

Thank you! you are awesome!