Skip to main content
Solved

Reservation not possible: Paris - Avignon. 13.04.2022

• 19 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello all, nice to see such a lively forum here!

I just spent 4 hours searching very desperately: we are a group of seven people and we want to go from Paris to Avignon on April 13. The departure must be after 11:30 in the morning.

Unfortunately, the reservation app does not say if it is a technical error or there are no reservations available. But the TGV does not seem to be bookable.

Now my question: does anyone know of a connection between Paris and Avignon on the regional express, and how do we get a reservation. Even if we did not need one, we can stand somewhere and set in the train.

I know these are trivial questions, but I also searched different platforms and did not find a concrete answer.

Or does it make sense to just go to a travel agency and ask? Have any of you done this tour before?

Would be really really grateful for an answer. Thank you so much 

Sometimes there is an error as you maybe select Avignon (few TGV´s per day) and not Avignon TGV (plenty of TGV´s)

If the system still fails :/

You can reserve via b.europe (4€ service fee) + PassCovernumber needed (Can be requested from Customer Service

You didn't say which TGV you want to take. The 11:36 direct TGV from Paris Gare de Lyon to Avignon TGV still has seats left:

You can also book it via Belgian railways, which is cheaper for you since Interrail charge an extra 2€ per person and seat (14€ in total) and Belgian railways charge 4€ per order. You do need a pass cover number, which is on the pass cover of the paper pass or for a mobile pass, you can request one here.

With regional trains only, there are also possibilities:

For these regional trains, no reservations are needed (not even possible).

You didn't say which TGV you want to take. The 11:36 direct TGV from Paris Gare de Lyon to Avignon TGV still has seats left:

You can also book it via Belgian railways, which is cheaper for you since Interrail charge an extra 2€ per person and seat (14€ in total) and Belgian railways charge 4€ per order. You do need a pass cover number, which is on the pass cover of the paper pass or for a mobile pass, you can request one here.

With regional trains only, there are also possibilities:

For these regional trains, no reservations are needed (not even possible).

Wow, you are brillant. The pass cover number: is that different to Passnumber? (We all have mobile pass) > I requested one, hopefully they send via email. 

Sometimes there is an error as you maybe select Avignon (few TGV´s per day) and not Avignon TGV (plenty of TGV´s)

If the system still fails :/

You can reserve via b.europe (4€ service fee) + PassCovernumber needed (Can be requested from Customer Service

Very helpful. Wow. Thank you !!!I will try to manage that. (I also Ordered a Pass cover number… hopefully that will come soon. (2 days of reply » cross fingers! 😉 

Hi There,

i now tried that again and it says:

“Please try to find an alternative connection. The unavailable leg will be removed from your cart.”

I alos tried PARIS GARE DU LYON > LYON (to check LEG) and LYON AVIGNON (TO Check LEG):

neither of it worked. Arrgh. 

Is there any other solution?

“Please try to find an alternative connection. The unavailable leg will be removed from your cart.”

I alos tried PARIS GARE DU LYON > LYON (to check LEG) and LYON AVIGNON (TO Check LEG):

neither of it worked. Arrgh. 

Which exact train are you trying to book? What is its departure time?

Hi There,

its PARIS GARE DU LYON » AVIGNON 11:36 am 13.04.2022 / 7 Persons.

Thank you! you are awesome!