Solved

Reservation on EX360/RE25 from Praha hl.n. to Mannheim on the 29th of July possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On the 29th of July my daughter and I will travel from Prague to Zürich. The plan is to leave Praha hl.n at 7.38 with  EX360/RE25 to München and then continue to Zürich with EC 190.

I know that the reservation is optional on both trains, but as it is a Friday in the middle of the summer and the trip is rather long I, against my initial intention, have decided to make reservations.

However, at neither CD, nor DB or ÖBB, is it possible to make a reservation for EX360/RE25. Is it at all possible to make a reservation on that train?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 June 2022, 12:35

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

DB, CD and ÖBB can book reservations for Prague - München (which I'm sure you meant) but only a month (or 30 days) in advance. So you can either wait for a bit and book both trains via DB for the price of one or book them separately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @rvdborgt 

Sure I meant München. I mixed up our trip with my father's trip later this year. I'll just wait a couple of weeks and book the whole trip at DB. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is a LOCAL train Pr→ M, formerly named ALex and has NO REServ even possible-this will also means it will get stormed by the 9€ ticket users from the very 1st stop in DE (Schwandorf)-and maybe get considerable delays. NOte to board right cars-several CZ cars go only till Plzen/Domazlice and there will be-if lucky-spome doubledeck german cars attached somewhere in DE.

The nr of people actually going OVER border will be very small.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is a LOCAL train Pr→ M, formerly named ALex and has NO REServ even possible-this will also means it will get stormed by the 9€ ticket users from the very 1st stop in DE (Schwandorf)-and maybe get considerable delays. NOte to board right cars-several CZ cars go only till Plzen/Domazlice and there will be-if lucky-spome doubledeck german cars attached somewhere in DE.

The nr of people actually going OVER border will be very small.

Thanks for the tip about looking for the right cars.

The train is classified as an EC-train by CD so I doubt that there will be travellers with the 9 EUR ticket on the train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is a LOCAL train Pr→ M, formerly named ALex and has NO REServ even possible-

@mcadv Please verify before you write nonsense like this. Seats can be booked, as I wrote earlier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The train is classified as an EC-train by CD so I doubt that there will be travellers with the 9 EUR ticket on the train.

In Germany, it's an RE so the 9€ ticket is valid...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok. Thanks 🌞

Luckily my daughter and will already have been seated on the train for some time before we reach the German border.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok. Thanks 🌞

Luckily my daughter and will already have been seated on the train for some time before we reach the German border.

Jo, dann kann man das Leben in vollen Zügen genießen :)